Wills Variation Actions and Other Estate Problems

If you have been left out of the will or there is a problem related to a will or estate

A spouse or child of a deceased person who has been disinherited can apply to the court to vary the will. If the deceased person did not have valid and rational reasons for leaving their spouse or child out of the will, the Court will vary the will to make a provision that the court thinks is adequate, just and equitable.

What is the law?

Overview of the law and principles governing Wills, Estates and Wills Variation actions in British Columbia.

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Answers to frequently asked questions about wills and estates disputes and what you can do if you have been disinherited.