If my injuries prevent me from doing my job can I recover damages for my loss of income until my retirement?

  • You can be awarded damages for your loss of future income.
  • You can also be awarded damages for loss of future earning capacity.
  • If you have the ability to do another job, the law requires you to mitigate or lessen your loss by earning income at the substitute job.

We were counsel for a 43 year old woman who suffered chronic back pain that prevented her from returning to her job as a Construction Safety Officer (CSO).  Although she preferred to do outdoor work, she was able to return to employment as a secretary which paid less than the CSO job.  The Judge awarded her $219,000 for future income loss and $25,000 for loss of earning capacity.

We can help you maximize your award for lost income.  Contact us.

 Read the case:  Wilson v. Manzano